This is open to all beekeepers who are members of MDBKA and have kept their own bees for 2 full seasons.
The start date will be Monday 18th April 2022 at 6pm and the course will run for 6 weeks.
Numbers will be restricted to a maximum of 30 A charge of £25 per person will be made – primarily to cover the costs of additional equipment etc.
The aim is to develop a deeper beekeeping knowledge designed as a follow-up to our beginners’ course, helping existing beekeepers to improve their skills. You will be encouraged to work independently carrying out the different procedures and manipulations and sharing thoughts/ideas.
We hope to cover a number of key issues:-
- To identify and examine the management requirements of a full-sized honey bee colony
- Shook Swarms
- Bailey Comb Changes
- Spring Clean
- To look at the importance of Spring inspections to gauge the health and needs of the expanding colony
- The impact of disease on the hive
- The importance of monitoring disease
- Consideration of the ‘stress’ issue and its impact on disease and hive health
- Swarm Control – pre-emptive and reactive
BOOKINGS can be made through the website in the usual way with payment being taken via PayPal.
Any queries? Contact our Training Officer Peter McEvitt – firstname.lastname@example.org